Our friends at The Honest Kitchen always have great recipes and here’s a fun and tasty option for the Halloween season – Gluten Free Halloween Bonbons!
These treats are quick and easy to make and are suitable for most sensitive pets. Quinoa and buckwheat are not true grains and are very well tolerated even by grain-allergic pets.
Note: Quino flour has quite a strong taste and aroma which most pets love but some animals take awhile to get used to it. If you have a fussy pup, buckweat flour is a perfectly good alternative.
1 cup The Honest Kitchen Grain Free Chicken Recipe
1/2 cup ground beef
1 cup canned or fresh cooked pumpkin
1 free range egg
1 small handful of quinoa or buckwheat
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix Equal parts of the Grain Free Chicken Recipe and pumpkin together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the beef, quinoa flour and egg, and mix well until well blended
- Shape into balls of a size appropriate to your dog, and place them on a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden on the outside but soft in the middle.
- Cool, and then call in the hounds.
- These treats will store for about a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Made Out of Love – Recipes to prepare for (and sometimes share with) your animal companion – by Lucy Postins – The Honest Kitchen